Chalgrave Parish Council
- The Chalgrave Emergency Plan is information about the resources and contacts within the Parish should there be an emergency. The Plan is for the Emergency Services to know what resources we have in the Parish and who to contact. The Chalgrave Emergency Plan is not intended to be a substitute for these services.
- If there is an emergency, the first point of contact is the Emergency Services. They will refer to our Emergency Plan and contact the Plan Co-ordinator and Response Team.
- If there is a major Emergency it will be managed by the Police, Fire and Rescue Services, the Ambulance Service and Central Beds Council. Other authorities such as the Environment Agency might be involved. It will be for the Emergency Services and major authorities, not the Parish Council, to inform the Emergency Response Team and residents what to do and where to go in an emergency.
- The Emergency Plan Response Team includes Paul Whitton, Barbara Jackson and Debbie Levy. The Plan Co-ordinator is Phil Parry.
- If it is a local emergency within the Parish such as a prolonged power cut, disruption to water supply, severe storms, the impact of a pandemic, etc. there will be a need for the involvement of local people who are most likely to know who is at risk and/or in need.
- During the Coronavirus Pandemic, the Response Team have been the contacts for help. They have checked on residents in the Parish, have done shopping for those who could not get out and collected medicines.
Police, Fire and Rescue Services, Ambulance Services 999
Police – minor incident 101
Environment Agency 24-hour Hotline 0800 80 70 60
Environment Agency general enquiries 01733 371811
Central Beds. Council general enquiries 0300 300 8300
Out of hours emergency 0300 300 8049
Highways 0800 074 0263
Anglian Water Emergency 0800 771881
National Grid 105
National Grid Emergency Line 0800 31 63 105
Parish Council Clerk, Lesley Smith 01525 874716
Local GP, Toddington Medical Centre 01525 872222
Luton and Dunstable Hospital 01582 491166
Defibrillator location – Memorial Hall, Wingfield Road, Tebworth
If you need help or information during an emergency, contact the Emergency Plan Coordinator: Phil Parry – 07831 605600 or Barbara Jackson 07960 445492
A PDF copy of this plan is also available to be downloaded.