Public Houses

Public Houses

The Parish is lucky to have two surviving, excellent traditional village pubs, The Queens Head in Tebworth, and the Plough Inn in Wingfield.

The Queens Head

The Queens Head, Tebworth

A pub originally stood on this site known as the ‘The Three Horseshoes’, but the current building dates from around 1926. Longstanding genial landlord, Colin Edwynn, is also known for his successful career on the stage, screen, and radio. More information

The Plough Inn (Currently Closed)

The Plough Inn, Wingfield

Trading by 1822 and still trading today. The Plough Inn is currently closed and has been put up for sale by owners Fullers Brewery.

The present building dates from the 18th century but is altered. More information

Past Public Houses

Although only two public houses currently remain, there were originally at least 5 in the Parish. Further information and history of the Queens Head and The Plough can be found in the Local History section.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *