Parish Financial Information
Where does the Council’s money come from?
Each year the Parish Council asks for a sum of money, called a Precept, which is added to the figures requested by Central Bedfordshire Council, the police, and the fire authority, and is collected through your council tax. The money is used by the Parish Council to improve and maintain facilities and services for local people, and to run the Parish Council.
Budget & Precept
Each year the Parish Council sets a budget for the forthcoming year (including the precept). This is done by estimating expenditure including major projects, upgrading existing facilities, ongoing maintenance etc. This is then compared with likely income including the annual precept and any grants from County and Borough Councils or other organisations.
The Council must submit an annual return to a government designated external auditor. The Parish accounts are audited annually by a company nominated as External Auditors by the Audit Commission for Local Councils in England. In addition to this an Internal Auditor is appointed to audit the Parish Council accounts and systems before they are sent to the External Auditor.
Accounting Statements 2022-2023
Annual Governance Statement 2022-2023
Annual Internal Audit Report 2022-2023
Bank Reconciliation 2023
Certificate of Exemption AGAR 2022-2023
Explanation of significant variances 2023
Exercise of Public Rights Notice 2023
All residents and parishioners have a right to know how the Parish Council is spending money on their behalf. The Parish Council operate 2 accounts. The current account, into which are paid all receipts, principally Precept, and any grants, with payments out for approved expenditure currently made online and by cheque. Balances on the current account do not earn interest. The Parish also operates an interest bearing reserve account (to cover unexpected expenditure).
If you have any questions about Parish Council finances, please contact the Parish Clerk.
- Accounting Statements 2021-2022
- Annual Governance Statement 2021-2022
- Annual Internal Audit Report 2021-2022
- Bank Reconciliation 2022
- Certificate of Exemption AGAR 2021-2022
- Explanation of significant variances 2022
- Exercise of Public Rights Notice 2022
- Accounting Statements 2020-2021
- Annual Governance Statement 2021-2021
- Annual Internal Audit Report 2020-2021
- Bank Reconciliation 2021
- Certificate of Exemption AGAR 2021
- Explanation of significant variances
- Exercise of Public Rights Notice 2021
- Annual Return Year ending March 31st, 2020
- Bank Reconciliation as at March 31st, 2020
- Explanation of Significant Variances in Income and Expenditure 2019/20 compared to 2018/19
- Exercise of Public Rights Notice 2020
- Certificate of Exemption AGAR 2020
- Annual Return Year ending March 31st, 2019
- Bank Reconciliation as at March 31st, 2019
- Explanation of Significant Variances in Income and Expenditure 2018/19 compared to 2017/18
- Exercise of Public Rights Notice 2019
- External Auditor details for Chalgrave Parish Council
- Annual Return Year ending March 31st, 2018
- Bank Reconciliation as at March 31st, 2018
- Explanation of Significant Variances in Income and Expenditure 2017/18 compared to 2016/17
- Exercise of Public Rights Notice 2018